Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect an extension to a PA System

Status
Not open for further replies.

joej85

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
US
I have been asked to setup an extension on our PBX system that when dialed, is connected to a PA system.

What is the right way to do this with a Nortel Meridian system?

Thanks,

Joe

If the PA system is already interfacing with the PBX, then you would put a hot key on the phone with the access code for the PA system route as the number. You can find the access code in LD 21 by printing out the rout.

LD 21
REQ: prt
type: RDB
cust:0

look for the paging route and write down the # for the "ACOD" prompt for that route, that is the number youw will use for the hot key.

Hi,

I have the same requirement, I've a PA system, but it's not connected to the PABX, how can I do that.

Thanks

Alfredo Frugone

Ok first bulid your self a rout (RDB) ld 16 you will have to look up all the prompts it ask for there isent many the main one is ACOD that will be your access code to the paging system once that is done bulid your self a trunk with that rout number in it and what ever TN you use take that to your paging amp or paging adapter what ever you are useing for your paging. If you have problem with the prompts let me know which ones I can walk you through it and if you get all hooked up corectley dial the ACOD number and the paging should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back