Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect a Mediatrix 1102 to a 3300 ICP with SIP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitel4432

Technical User
Sep 23, 2008
GB
Anyone have any docs on how to achieve this

There a Mitel Doc on connecting to the 1104, guess it's the same, just few more ports.

You got access to MOL? If not post you're email address and i'll send it

Thanks, what I have done is setup an FTP site
ftp://195.26.56.248
user mitel
pwd mitel01

If you could drop it in there, thanks in adavnce

Having had a look at docs, I believe we want a SIP Trunk License, we have 5 SIP user licenses at moment, can you confirm

Thanks I thought so, looking at doc you gave me, looks relatively easy to setup, I will have to go back to vendor and get license, I presume it is 1 SIP trunk license per device, I will have to give vendor some grief, we bought devices believing you only need SIP user license. thanks for your help much appreciated

With SIP Trunk Licences it's the amount of concurrent calls you want. So yes if you want all of them to be on the phone at once the 1 per device. But it's not like sip user licences where each device is "registered" to the 3300

Can you confirm whether or not you need one of these plugged directly into the 3300, I am having a bun fight with my vendor, who is saying I need to plug one into an analogue port, all info I have disagrees

Thanks in advance

No you don't

You just need sip trunk licences on the 3300 and prog up the SIP Trunk programming.

On the mediatrix prog up as explained in that doc.

What you're vendor is thinking of is pre-sip, you got 2 used to get 2 boxes. 1 at the head end which would take the analogue extension out of the pbx and convert it to IP. Then at the far end you'd have another box which would receive the ip packets sent by the head end and translate back to TDM analogue. Worked ok but v expensive and cumerbersome.

Get a new vender ::))

Thanks, you have confirmed how I believed it worked, I believe all I am missing now is the SIP TRUNK license and my setup should work as I cannot put a value other than 0 in maximum simultaneous calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back