Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Confirm Multicast is Sending from a CCMS 6.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelle

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
US
I have a file on the CCMA that shows what is being received. How do I confirm that multicast is being sent from the CCMS?

Thanks!!!

no matter where you go, there you are.
"This participation is persona and does not represent the United States Census Bureau." They make me say this.

The easiest test I've done is chg the IP address of my laptop to the same LAN as the CCM6 server. Bring up agent desktop display "ticker" (ADD) and log in as an active agt. If stats display, Multi-cast is working. ADD requires multicast.

Thanks but, I need to confirm that the server is sending it out at all. I know that I am not receiving it and therefore my Real-Time Displays do not work (we don't use ADD). So, from the CCMA I can see that I am not receiving. I need to see if the server is sending.

Thanks!

"This participation is persona and does not represent the United States Census Bureau." They make me say this.

go to d:\nortel\iccm\bin, look for mrcv.ini open this up, change the ip address to your multicast send address, and port to say 6050.

make sure you have at least one agent logged in

double click mrcv.exe and this will show the multicast traffic being sent out. If not you may have a config issue. check the port and stream addresses in programs nortel contact centre, and also the binding order of you NICS

The ini shows the right address and port 6050 on the system that is working just fine. However, when I run the exe on this working system, the box only shows "Multicast Address: Port Selection: 6050." Then on the next line, "adapter 0 -adapter 1 - ".

Nothing happens and this is the only site that is working. I get the same results in the sites that are down.

Thoughts?

I just confirmed that my multicast IP group is the same in all sites, too.

next?

Just found the Nortel "Multicast Hammer";

Test and validate unicast and multicast configurations on your network with Multicast Hammer: an easy to use, Java-based testing tool.

Looks usefull for me and will test it next week.

Multiple instances of the Multicast Hammer tool can be placed in various points within your network, in either Server or Client configurations, and will log events and generate traffic as configured by you.

The mrcv.exe tool will show you that CCMS is creating the multicast data to be sent out, but unless you use a sniffer on the NIC card, you cannot be sure it is being sent out to the network. I use the wireshark sniffer for this purpose.

I had this issue where the mrcv.exe utility showed data but no multicast was being sent out of the NIC card. I had to restart the SDP service on the CCMS server to reset the multicast group and then the multicast started to flow again.

how about opening a RTD and in the top there will be a network looking icon that says either U or M. Unicast, or Multicast?

Hello,

I also a little issue with ADD. I have configured it so that when a threshold is reached the pc will sound an alert, which is just done through sounds and alerts on the PC. But I have an issue were the ADD on one PC updates about 5 seconds before other PC's on the network. Does anyone have any idea on what could be?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back