Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure SIP softphone through Avaya Media Server in Absence Of Avaya Media Gateway GXXX 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthrobes

Technical User
Jun 17, 2012
SA
Scenario :

Avaya CM  : 7.1.0
Avaya System Manager : 7.1
Avaya Media Server : 8.0
Avaya System Manager : 7.1
Avaya Session Manager : 7.1
Avaya OneX communicator SoftPhone

I installed my Avaya Lab, i dont have hardware "Avaya Media Gateway GXXX" so instead of using Media Gateway i am using "Avaya Media Server " version 8.0 . now i want to know how to setup/configure a SIP extension ? i already configured a sip extension in Avaya CM and a sip signaling towards to Avaya Media Server but dont how the SIP phone will register to CM. If any body share me Step by Step Guide or method how to configure SIP softphone .

Thanks in Advance.

The Avaya CM isn't a SIP registrar. It's not meant to do that. You use the Session Manager (SM) as the SIP registrar and the CM is set up as a feature server to the SM to provide call handling capabilities.

Hello Wanebo,

Thanks for reply. But what about the Avaya Media Server Configuration..?? any configuration need ? as i already configured signaling between CM to Media Server.

The media server is meant to provide audio recordings and software Digital Signal Processors. It is set up basically the same way whether your using SIP or H.323 or TDM phone sets. While you can do direct AMS to CM trunks if you are planning to use SIP predominantley then the preferred practice is to route the AMS and the ACM through the SM to take advantage of it's routing capabilities.

AAMS + CM quick start:
If you haven't read them yet, I would recommend reading Avaya End to End SIP Vol 1 and Vol 2, both on the support site (or google).

There isn't much of a step by step guide, but instead the understanding of a few concepts and the jobs of various devices. There might be some step by step guides out there but I do not know where.

randycarroll

Thanks for link...i seems helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back