Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure Red Hat 6.1 network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2001
US
I'm new to Linux. I want to create a network with 2 servers and 1 pc. How do i configure server one to serve as the gateway to access server two. I think I must modify the hosts.allow file but I do not know the format to use to specify which IP's to allow access. Can anyone help me

I think you should be more specific!, I installed a Computer with Celeron processor with Suse Linux 7.0, And my workstation is a PentiumIII with three Operating Systems, (WinME,Windows2000 and Linux Suse7.0), I´m using the Celeron One like File server, Printer Server and It is connected to Internet with an ISDN modem, And I share my Internet connection with IP-Masquerading, and File and Print server with SAMBA, and I only access my Server using an Ethernet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back