Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure RADIUS on Passport 8600 and 8100 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLHEC

Technical User
Jul 26, 2001
US
Does anyone know the steps to take to configure RADIUS on the Passport 8600 and 8100. If anyone could point me to a site or have any paperwork from Nortel, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
glhec

To configure RADIUS on a PP8600 is not difficult (2 config lines) you can find it in the install documents from release 3.1 and above.
How ever it only works with a "BaySecure Access Control" RADIUS server.
Nortel has a "RADIUS cookbook" document, describing how to configure the RADIUS server (you need to edit some stuff in the server it self).
If you want this Cookbook please leave your e-mail and I’ll mail it to you (I’m not a “mail server” so only this once).

Is it fair to say that this won't work on a cisco secure AAA server? It supports the radius protocol. Also we are running, or will be running, 3.0.4 code. We do not plan on moving to the 3.1.x in the near future. If you could point me to the release notes, or just tell me which release notes it is stated in it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you could email me the cookbook it would be very helpful. Is it possible to run this on the 8100's? Thanks in advance.

jkleberg@glhec.org

glhec

Release Notes for the Passport 8000 Series Switch Release 3.1
(Part No. 211014-A):

The Passport 3.1 software supports the BaySecure™ Access Control (BSAC)
server from Nortel Networks and the Merit RADIUS server from Merit
Network, Inc. You must first obtain the software for the server you will use.
Refer to the documentation that accompanies the server software for complete
information about configuring a RADIUS server.

I have mailed the cookbook.
You're welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back