Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure POP for Ex server for external connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixlu

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
SG
Hi, I have a user that need to connect to the MY Exchange Server via POP, what shall I set up in the server to enable his connection?Thanks.

And one more question, what is the POP server I can use for the connection to my mailbox?I have tried any name I can imagine for the server,even the IP address,but it does not work.Where else can I find its setting in Exchage Server?

POP is enabled by default on exchange. Do you have a firewall, which may be blocking port 110.

also have you enabled "reroute incomming SMTP mail" on your IMC

Thank you very much,ssay. Yes, I have enabled the POP3 protocal and the port 110, but can u tell me what do u mean by
`enabled "reroute incomming SMTP mail" on your IMC`?
What is IMC? Sorry for that, Coz I am really fresh in Exchange server.

IMS/IMC can be found under Organisation->Site->Connection->Internet Mail Services or Internet Mail Connector->properties

Under the properties of IMS/IMC routing tab, select "Reroute incoming SMTP mail (required for POP3/IMAP4 support)" option, and make sure your domain name is in it and route inbound

Any expert can confirm this? I am newbie to Exchange too.

Cheers...

Thank you.But I am really too newbie to this Exchange server, I can not find any place appears as `Organization` in the exchange server administrator program at all.So I can not get the right place to check it out. Please tell me more detail about it.Thanks.

organization would be the top level on the left hand side, e.g PHOENIXLU, the site would be under that e.g UK

The actual names "organaization" and "site" are not on the left hand side of the exch. admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back