Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure IP on VGMC/MC32 &How to reset password on the VGMC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktse1210

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2009
AU
Hi everyone or anyone,
As per my above title...
1) I am at the IPL console prompt of the VGMC/MC32. Can you let me know what is the command to configure the IP address on it?
2) Can you also let me know how I am able to reset the password on the VGMC/MC32 card please?

Thanks!

*knock* *knock* Can any guru's out there please help? help?

you set the ip addresses in element manager. all you need from the card is the elan mac address. Build card in element manager with correct mac address, it will boot up and acquire all it's info. Do a save and transfer in element manager and your info will all be there.

No need to change password on card if you have the ipl prompt. If it thinks it is a leader, type clearLeader at the prompt and reboot. The password will be whatever the passwords are on your pbx.

Thanks Wane47. Unfortunately, I do not know what my colleague did, I just can't get to the IPL prompt anymore. I tried all possible LOGIN (even the default...) and I can't get in at all now. I am stuck at the "Login:" prompt.
Any ideas....anyone?

Anyone else has any ideas please?????

Best way is to take the flash card out. Put in a laptop via a PCMCIA sleave, or other card reader. Delete ALL files off the card except EXEC.

You then have a virgin card. Put back in PBX, the EXEC will auto exapnd the directory structure and will synch of the element manager. Password wil then be as for PBX

No worries dulfo. I will give it a try this evening. So, I will need to delete all folders and files except for the EXEC file right?
Yea, I will be bringing another MC32 card just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back