Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure IIS 5.0 to use perlscript.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTMTech

Programmer
Feb 5, 2003
US
Hi ! All

We have installed IIS 5.0 on windows 2000 server. I have index.pl(perlscript) file on that webserver. How to configure IIS 5.0 to work perlscript on web ? Do I need to install perl on that server ?

Thanks,
TTMTECH

Hi,

I have installed IIS 5.0 on windows 2000 server. After that I have installed Activestate distribution from am trying to get data from MS SQL SERVER on web using perl script.Now, my web server gives me following error :

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Can't locate loadable object for module DBI in @INC (@INC contains: D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib . c:\InetPub\myttmtech\Admin1) at D:/Perl/site/lib/DBI.pm line 182
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/DBI.pm line 182.
Compilation failed in require at c:\InetPub\myttmtech\Admin1/ttmtech.pm line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:\InetPub\myttmtech\Admin1/ttmtech.pm line 4.
Compilation failed in require at C:\inetpub\myttmtech\admin1\index.pl line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\inetpub\myttmtech\admin1\index.pl line 6.

What I have to install on web server ? where can I get DBI.PM module ?

Thanks,

TTMtech

search.cpan.org for all your module needs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...but I'm just a C man trying to see the light

The error says that you already have DBI.pm - it is line 182 of that module that is failing. It is, however, incorrectly installed. Did you use a proper installer or just copy the file into place? "As soon as we started programming, we found to our surprise that it wasn't as
easy to get programs right as we had thought. Debugging had to be discovered.
I can remember the exact instant when I realized that a large part of my life
from then on was going to be spent in finding mistakes in my own programs."
--Maurice Wilk

Hi ! fishiface

Thanks for your reply.you are right I just copy DBI.PM file into that directory. I don't know how to install it can you guide me on that how to install it properly ?

Thanks for your help.

TTMTECH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back