Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure DCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpen

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2004
US
I need to DCS two sites. Does anyone know how to do this?

First start by confirming you have the option configured on your switch...

Display System Parameters Customer Options
DCS (Basic)? y
DCS Call Coverage? y
DCS with Rerouting? y

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Yes! I allready have these two sites DCS to a third site. I just want to close the triangle. I know that I need to create a DCS trunkgroup but is that all?

I suggest you look at your AAR and your uniform-dial plan to see how DCS is working today. Some of what you will need to do depends on what level of software you are running. You will need another trunk group which you can model after the one you are using today. It's not that hard but does have a few steps. I'll look for a manuel that may help and if I find it I will respond again.

BHanson

There is more to it than just adding a trunk group. Are you going to use a centeralized VM solution? Are you using ISDN Plus or X.25 for DCS? What versions are your switches? What type boards (TN767, TN464) or are you going to use IP Trunks? Is your dialplan compatible for UDP routing or are you going to use AAR code? Suggest you contract this out to a business partner or Avaya directly.

James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back