Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure BCM 50 sip trunking to any sip provider 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng3alaa2299

Technical User
Oct 30, 2008
SA
Hi all;
did any one how to configure BCM 50 with any sip provider?
like callcentric

Regards
Ala'a

First of all, you need to be running rel 5.0 to be able to do that. Previous releases require you to be connected to the customer via MPLS.

Second, most providers will provide you with a document that explains exactly how to set them up to work with their network.

Although everyone needs to follow standards, how they implement those standards can be very different from one provider to the next so to ensure the integrity of their networks, they "certify" manufacturers systems and provide documentation on how to set them up.

I would ask them if they have such a document first. If they don't,you will have to do trial and error.

Let us know how you make out.

Many Thanks i'm just do try and error but still not working
and there is a lot of configuration example avaliable but un fortunatly BCM are not include.you can see this page if its going to help

If your starting with a BCM50 5.0, there are a couple of steps required to set up a SIP trunk and telcodog is right that some providers are trickier then others.

Most of the work is done under the:
Resources->Telephony Resources->IP Trunk panel

You will need to:
1) Create a routing table entry
i.e.
Description: callcentric.com
Destination Digits: 1 011
Domain: callcentric.com
IP: 204.11.192.34
Port: 5060
GW Type: Other
MCDN: None
VoIP Protocol: SIP
QOS Monitor: not checked

2) Add a sip proxy entry
Route calls using a proxy: checked

3) Add a user account under the SIP Accounts area
Description: callcentric.com
Parent: Checked
SIP User Name: User name
Auth User Name: User name again
SIP Password: password
SIP Registration: Checked if your behind a NAT firewall
Registrar: callcentric.com
Expiry: 60 seconds or more depending on you NAT firewall

4) setup the public received digits on a target line

5) setup a route under telephony->dialing plan->routing
i.e. Route 001
Pool: BlocA
DN Type: National

6) Set a destcode to use your route

7) configure/allow sets to use line for outbound calling
8) Configure auto-attendant to use the target line

And that is about it. If you have SIP trouble use the LAN IP Packet capture function in the BCM50 5.0 to trouble shoot the issue.

Many thanks For yor Responce,
But from where i can download rls5
and does it's need a new password for the option.

You need to purchace the upgrade keycode and the 5.0 is at nortel.com but you need to be a partner to down load it.

Has anyone got a BCM R5.0 sip trunk working with mynetfone.com.au, i have tried the settings above to no avail. do you have to get the provider to enable anything ????

BCM/CS1K/Cisco CM & CME Engineer

If you are running anything less than Rel 5.0, you will not be able to use SIP registration the way northern described above. If that's what the provider wants, you will have to upgrade your BCM.

The only way it will work at the 3.0 level is if the provider puts in an MPLS network for it.

i have a bcm50 R5.0 latest with FEB 2010 patches

BCM/CS1K/Cisco CM & CME Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back