Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure a DS3 for PRI on an Avaya CM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2021
US
Hi,

my customer wants to discontinue using the DS1 cards and want to use the DS3 for PRIs; how are the DS3's configured for PRI use? How is the configuration different from using DS1s?

From my observation, DS3's is not in a card format that goes into a chassis or server.

Phoneguy55, can you give a high-level of how the DS3 provide PRI service to an Avaya CM? how the 28 t1 are configure to provide
672 PRI connections for callers to use; does the provider provide the DS3 service? and the Media gateway does what to the DS3 service?

The media gateways cannot support a DS3 directly. They is not enough timeslots to cover all of the channels. You could have a DS3 brought to site but you would need a mux to break it down to DS1s.

If you using SIP then that is a different story since the DS3 would not terminate directly on a media gateway.

Service provider DS3 -> Audiocodes gateway. Input DS3, output SIP -> Session Manager -> CM.

I would definitely put an SBC in between that SIP output and the Session Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back