Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure a Cisco 2811 router for IPSec passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschlic1

Technical User
Dec 2, 2014
US
I have a client that has an existing Cisco 2811 router. I do not know what the current configuration of this router. However for a project we are building for this client, we will need to place a second wired router on the LAN side of the Cisco router. This wired router will need to have the ability of connecting and creating IPsec tunnels passing through the Cisco 2811 router to other devices on the Internet. The question I have is what changes or things I need to check and set in the Cisco router in order to do this?

Attached is a communications drawing of the proposed setup.

Communications Drawing

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e5484f37-f8c0-4fbb-9d0c-389d1119a700&file=Proposed_Communications_Drawing_V3.pdf
well you will need a static nat if there are any devices building connections to your router from the internet.
you will need udp 4500&500 open for IPSec Tunnels.

you will need some sort of NAT outbound if your router is the only one initiating connections.

We must go always forward, not backward
always up, not down and always twirling twirling towards infinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back