Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to config/test a TTY port for ACD stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecorn

Programmer
Apr 25, 2014
CA
G'day,

Our old Windows 98 laptop finally retired itself and it was collecting our ACD stats nightly from the CS1K (formerly and OPT 61C). It was directly connected to an old beige SDI2 card (QPC139B ser F). I've connected it to a PC from this century and have Procomm installed, but I don't know what settings to use for baud rate, parity bits, zmodem, etc. Printing the port didn't give me much:

ADAN PRT 4
CTYP SDI
DNUM 4
DES ACD_PRINTER
FLOW NO
USER ACD
CUST 00
SSUP NO
APRT YES
XSM NO

How do I find out all the required config and, just as importantly, how can I test it before the next stats are spit out? I don't want to lose any if possible.

Thx,
Mike

I'm not sure that will ever work since you actually cant define what PTY you connect to.

Maybe I misread your post. A PTY is Different than a TTY. PTY is over ethernet, TTY is serial. The baud rate is set on the card.

Try 9600 8N1 to start with

Do you know what your modem port is set to? There is a good possibility it is set the same.

You didn't misread, I mis-typed, and I've updated the title accordingly (oops [rednose] )

Fortunately I did take a screenshot of the Procomm settings but I saved it to the dead laptop's hard drive. We just now recovered the file and it's set to a blazing 300 baud! ANSI BBS, XModem, direct connect com 1, and yep 8/N/1.

Now that it's all hopefully configured right I need to make sure, any idea how I can test this out?

I believe you can log into the PBX and go into LD 37. Then type prt 4 and then press enter. It should send the whole alphabet and characters to that port.

go to the scb datablock and change your schedule to output now or at the top of the next hr and see if it print.

Awesome, the LD 37 prt 4 worked perfectly! Thanks very much for your speedy assistance!!! I think I'm back in business [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back