Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to code a Password to open an Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micash

Programmer
Dec 11, 2000
I have sent out this query before but did not receive any satisfactory answers. Perhaps I was not clear enough.
My App uses an Access 97 database and I access the tables using the standard Data Control as supplied by microsoft when launching a standard project. What I need to know is this: Can I password protect the *.mdb file and then code the password in VB to access the database at time of launching the program. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.
Micash

You can pass the Username and Password in the connnection string in an ADO implementation. Have you tried that? I have had much better luck using ADO objects directly rather than using the MS ADO control. My life got better once i dropped their data control and went for the objects directly. Let me know if you need ADO help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back