Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to clear we addresses from memory in IE 6.0 on 2000? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT4

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
US
I have an issue with a machine I inherited. The previous owner went to several sites that I wouldn't be interested in and I would like to clear them from memory. For instance, if in the address bar I start by typing the letter "p" it might pull a dropdown menu of several sites. I'd rather not re-format the drive, but it is annoying and embarassing to say the least. I have cleared the temporary internet files, all the cookies, the history, and the forms, what else do I need to do to get rid of this?

Thanks for the help,
Eric

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner, thanks to Guilo who pointed me to a program that actually worked. I had bought and installed StealthRay and it did nothing for this problem, but one sweep with internet track eraser (eval version no doubt) took those pesky sites right out of memory. I still feel a bit of failure at not being able to figure out where they were stored though.

Thanks to all who chimed in with a suggestion, I appreciate all the help,
Eric

Glad I could help. I dont think it is a trial version. It is a lite version and you can purchase a more powerful pro version.

Guilo

It's a trial, it expires in 15 days. At least that's what I'm pretty sure it told me.

Eric

Karmic,
this post helped me on another subject i had posted about.

thanks !

Only other thing to try is:
open internet explorer, click tools, internet options..., click the content tab, click autocomplete, click "clear forms". click clear passwords too.
Uncheck web addresses, forms and usernames and passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back