Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to clear a CFW 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJRider

MIS
Aug 11, 2008
US
19 CFW 16 3263296

I think the above line is causing a employee to get wanted calls. Can I clear it. Can't seem to find a command that will do that....

REQ: chg
TYPE: whatever phone it is - 2008, 3902, 3903, etc...
TN: loop shelf card unit
easy change? yes
ITEM: key 19 NUL - will clear all programming from the key
or
ITEM: key 19 cfw - just don't enter a number and it should take the current number out but still leave the key as a call forward key

OR go to the phone and hit the check forward button (if it was forwarded, it should show the chk fwd button) and then delete the number in it.

The phone will keep the last number it was forwarded to on that key even after the forwarding has been canceled. Ordinarily this is fine - it makes it easier on you if you often forward your phone to the same number - but even though the number is there, unless forwarding has been activated, it shouldn't do anything.

Which is a long way of saying I am not sure what your actual problem is and under what conditions it happens and on what system you are using with what phones...The above will clear the key but I can't guarantee it will fix your problem.

=======================================
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself." Cool Hand Luke

Thanks for the reply. That helps. It's a 11c and the model phone is a 3904. It's at a remote location so don't have phyiscal access. I think it's just the last # it was forwarded to and I probably still have a problem. I may need to just dump the config out here on the forum in order to figure it out.

I would just change the config of the TN to Key 19 CFW 4 and not 16 as this may allow users to forward their phone to an external number. This is not good practice as it may leave the system open to hackers or abusers forwarding their phones to their granny's home in Australia or where ever

in ld 81, lst then at feat cfxa, that will give you a list of all phones that can call forward external.. the default for adl 16 and cfw 16 is the lnrs.. change that to a number other then 16 when you build a set and the cfw and adl changes..

if cls cfxd is used and you leave cfw 16, the user can not forward 9 plus// the user you posted is forwarded to 3263, if your using 4 digit dialplan

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back