Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to check what service pack i have running on Exchange 2000 server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerunkevin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2002
US
Hi all,
I know this a simple question, but how do i know whether or not I have service pack 2 or not? Thanks.
Love always,
KEvin zhang
Techncial Support specailist
kevin@hsmc.com

Exchange System Administrator
Click Help - About, just like in most apps If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Marc,
I went into Exchange System Manager and help menu and don't find anything about version. Where else can this be? Yeap, i know how other apps have about to tell you what version it has, but different for exchange Love always,
KEvin zhang
kevin@hsmc.com

it is not IN the help, just click the help in the top right,
You have the words Console , Window and Help, can't miss.
Click Help and then 'About' at the bottom. If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

aa, wrong, look in the program files\exchsrvr for EXMGMT.EXE , right-click - properties
Click Version - Comments
The value sais Service pack 2 if it is. If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

That should read Program Files\exchsrvr\BIN If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Marc,
thanks this is very helpful, just becase i needed to know prior to applying the following patch Q320436enui386.EXE

I have the following issue w/ my Exchange Server
Malformed Mail Attribute can Cause Exchange 2000 to Exhaust CPU Resources (Q320436)

Store.exe Threads Use Up Available Memory

However, when i try applying that patch, it would install up 19% and stop. then it will not responding Love always,
KEvin zhang
kevin@hsmc.com

That gives you the information for the OS, not Exchange.

To answer the question, the simplest thing to do is open System Manager, then highlight the "Servers" tab. It will show you the version in the right hand window.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

From the Exchange System Manager Highlight Servers.
This should show the Server Version... Version 6.0 Build 5762.4: Service Pack 2

You can also right click on the server and select properties
Exchange 2000 6.0.4417 October 2000
Exchange 2000 (a) 6.0.4417 January 2001
Exchange 2000 SP1 6.0.4712 July 2001
Exchange 2000 SP2 6.0.5762 December 2001
Exchange 2000 SP3 6.0.6249 August 2002

You can also check the Version level of MAD.EXE in the Exchsrvr\BIN directory

That's fairly convolted. It's a lot simpler to go to:

Exmap is a free utility called the Exchange Topology Mapper. In addition to creating a nice visio of your exchange org, you can check an option to display the version & sp info on each server. Ckech the "include server version" box on the servers tab. You'll need to run it from a workstation that has visio installed in that it automates visio objects.

John
MOSMWNMTK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back