Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to check what DDI numbers we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertw1984

Technical User
Oct 27, 2016
GB
hi all,

on the console ie in the avaya site adminitration program what command can i issue to see a list of all our DDI numbers we have?

Hardware Platform?
Definity/CM Software Version?

DDI / DID numbers are a function of your Telco provider's routing. This includes routing public network
calls to a trunk-group in your telephone system, then sending digits to the system. Range for DDI / DID blocks
can match your pbx dialplan or not. 800 numbers may be mapped to DNIS digits which route calls once they connect
to the pbx. Providers are the best source for what numbers they route to your pbx and the ranges and mapping
for incoming toll free numbers.
These do not have to be defined in your pbx and there is no way of telling what command you may use from your pbx
admin tools to list these.
DDI / DID can be copper analog circuits, tie, or isdn t1 and e1.
If digits sent from the provider do not match your pbx dialplan, you may be able to manipulate routing using
inc-call-handling-trmt programming to adjust routing.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

great thanks avayatier3

i guess i will have to call my telephone provider then

Old Telco guy's like me always refer to the Telco's CSR. The customer Service Record will list all services you are being billed for. It might show services you thought you canceled and are still paying for! Every 6 months or when the bill changes Look to the CSR!

1a2 to ip I seen it all

what do you mean CSR?

i just tried to enter "inc-call-handling-trmt" in the system but couldnt find the command

im using avaya intergrated management, site administration, version 5.0.11

If you ask your Telco vendor for a copy of your CSR they will know you mean the Customer Service Record. It lists everything concerning your account and whether you are billed for it, get the feature at no charge, and what the associated service location information is.

You will need to be the authorized agent on record for them to provide the information but they should supply it upon request.

thanks wanebo

does the csr record include what ddi numbers we have aswell?

Avaya Site administration is a Microsoft application for access. This tool has evolved for many years and has many versions. Each new version should allow access to all earlier PBX Hardware and Software Definity/CM Platforms.

These refer to your PBX: (not the software used to access Definity/CM)
Hardware Platform?
Definity/CM Software Version?

Link with PRI incoming call handling treatment for several platforms and software versions

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back