Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to check if the system is running a maintenance routine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allenness

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2010
US
I need to replace the battery backup unit on my Nortel Option 11 rack. I was told that before powering the system down, I should call our local vendor, have them dial in to make sure the system isn't running any maintenance routines that may get disrupted and cause data corruption. I know how to dial into the system and know basic commands. Can someone tell me if this is something I can check on my own? If so, what commands would I type to find out if the system is idle and safe to power down?

Thanks in advance!

To see which overlays are started during the midnight route go into LD 22 and type: PRT - OVLY . At the DROL prompt you will see the overlays. The TODR prompt represents the time the midnight routine begins. If you should schedule your maintenance outside of that time.

TODR says 00, so I guess that is midnight, so I'm guessing it would be safe to flip the switch on the power supply at any point, when there are no active calls...please correct me if I'm wrong.

To see if anything is running, just hit enter.

Example: If it says OVL111 44 BKGD then it is running an Audit. but you can't corrupt an Audit.

The OVL111 is always following by the current task the system is running. Most of the time is is OVL111 00 IDLE

Your vendor probably wants to do a backup, and to make sure you are not power cycling it during the backup.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back