Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to check if huntns is activated ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekitori

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
NL
Enduser calls me and says nightservice doesn't work - how do I check is she actually activated the huntns ?

We're on CM6, extension has huntns button defined.....

Thanks for your reaction, joe2938.

My question is about a huntgroup, not an attd.....

any ideas on that ?

regards,
Sekitori

depending on the type of night service activated, the attd when you do a status attd will show in night service if activated, not 100 percent sure about night service for a hunt group thou

From what another tech just told me. on a hunt night service there is no command to status this however you can enable and disable hunt night service so if it's already activated it should tell you if you try to enable it

You can have up to three hunt-ns for a particular hunt-group, I believe. So, I put a duplicate one on my phone so I can tell if it is active or not.

list trace command and call the huntgroup, so you can see it in the trace.
Led on phone will ligth when activated.

But why use huntns? There are many other options.
For example, a vector with a route to if staffed agents = 0, or a servicehours table, or a virtual station with coverpath to huntgroup that can be forwarded, many options.

There are several ways to verify:

1. calls to a hunt-group extension route to the "Night Service Destination: xxxx" (hunt-group form)
2. voice terminal with hunt-ns button for the hunt-group will be lighted. "Object in Use" error message will be returned if the hunt-group night service is enabled when you try to remove the hunt-ns button.
3. Pressing a hunt-ns button on a voice terminal will toggle night service on and off for the group.
4. Newer CM software versions allow "list trace hunt-group xxxx" (test call to hunt-group extension)
5. SAT - "display internal-data susr_rec yyyy" (yyyy = station with hunt-ns button shows hunt-ns Button State:03 for Busy)

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back