Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Check if Date is Blank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendz

Programmer
Aug 9, 2000
PH
Visit site
Hello Guys! I hope you will still help me with this problem. I have a report which is supposed not to display the dates if it is blank. It should only display the data like date_of_exit if it is not blank. I have used on the properties of a field display when NOT BLANK(org.date_of_exit). It works but I can see the spaces of the records that is supposed to appear. What I like is: it should only display the records that dates is not blank. I tried to use it in a query but it is only successful when my output is on form but with printer it also display blank spaces intended for the record. How I am gonna do this? Thanks to all..

Wendz [sig][/sig]

Have you tried
report form xxx for !empty(org.date_of_exit) to xxxxxxxxx [sig]<p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br>ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644[/sig]

You can also use the PRINT IF expression for each field in the detail line. Then also indicate on each field that it should be SKIP IF EMPTY/BLANK.
[sig]<p>Don<br><a href=mailto:dond@csrinc.com>dond@csrinc.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Thank you Guys for the quick tips. I hope this would br ok now. More Power To You!

Wendz
edbb@lycos.com [sig][/sig]

Yes! it works....Thanks a lot. Is there a way that I can sort the fields aside from the primary key. How about if I will sort the field according to Family Name on the report? Thanks again.

Wendz
edbb@lycos.com

[sig][/sig]

Wentdz, this is theme of another thread...
Ok, you can add index to table for Fmili Name field. Than before report form command put following line:

SET ORDER TO Tag FamilyName [sig]<p>Vlad Grynchyshyn<br><a href=mailto:vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua>vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back