Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to check if a dect phone is out of reach 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ursusK

Programmer
May 16, 2004
Hello All!

Is there a way how to check if a dect phone is out of reach? For a certain duty in our organisation it is necessary that someone is always reachable. The DT412 only beeps once when it is out of reach. So i want to create a script that checks if the user is not out of reach and warns another dect phone that a user is out of reach..

Many thanks in advance !

I do not know if you can do this. But you can define personal number feature not to loose the calls.

With a sudip-command you can see if a dect is registered in your network. In that case the printout shows the equ of the basestation the phone is connected with.
TYPE OF TERMINAL : CXN
EXTENSION TERMINAL DATA
EQU TRM
3-0-40-00 0

When it's not in reach the printout says
TYPE OF TERMINAL : CXN (NOT REGISTERED)

With a susip you get
<susip:dir=2340;
STATUS INFORMATION AT 11:58:46 15FEB06
DIR TYPE TRAFFIC STATE/PTR LINE STATE/PTR DIV STATE ADD INFO
2340 CXN IDLE #003B ASSIGNED #02B0
END
and when it's not in reach you get
<susip:dir=2340;
STATUS INFORMATION AT 11:59:06 15FEB06
DIR TYPE TRAFFIC STATE/PTR LINE STATE/PTR DIV STATE ADD INFO
2340 NO INFO #FFFF NOT ASSIG. #02B0
END
I hope this will help you.

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU!!
This really helps !!!!

I think this status when the portable is out of reach is only recorded after a call to this portable has been made.

Basically the system will not know about the status of a portable unless it calls this portable, if it is out of reach it will set the status to no info for so long until a location registration is succesfull.

A call to a portable is not necessary.
I use this method when i want to follow a colleague, to see where he is, without calling him.
(Re)using the sudip will give you from minute to minute different equ's. If you have a list of the locations of the basestations with their equ's you can follow your colleague trough a building. And .. never making a call. When i checked it afterwards it was always right. It works really great!! [2thumbsup]

How do i retrieve the equ of the basestations? Is the equ not the address of the card which has several basestations?

What I mean is that we have four Dect-cards but 26 basestations. Do those 26 dectstations have unique equ-numbers?

Hi,

Well Initially you were looking for the status of The DECT phone...If its out of coverage then how can equ position of Base station position will help you..
Anyhow CXRFP will give you info about base station(RPN) on a particular FPI...

Cheers,

""The truth about action must be known and the truth of inaction also must be known; even so the truth about prohibited action must be known. For mysterious are the ways of action""

Thank you for all your help! Finding a user in the building is an interesting sideway..

Unfortunately: we discovered that even when a dect is out of reach SUSIP still will report that the extension is ASSIGNED ...
:(

Is that due to an older firmware ?

The MD110 doesn't know when a telefon is out of reach since the Base Stations don't keep track of this. First you must call a extension before the system knows about its status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back