Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to check for invalid triggers and procedures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremyjm

Programmer
Sep 3, 2004
US
Hello,

Our software manufacturer wants us to check for invalid triggers and procedures against our SQL Server 2000 database. Can someone please school me on how this is done? Thank you.

-Jeremy

Yeah from what you said the best answer is, make sure you didn't write crap and put it on your instances.

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
Backups are for sissies!!!!
coming to your keyboards soon[/sub]

Good question. I'm thinking they're referring to manually created triggers or procedures that aren't compatible with their latest version but we haven't created any.

so you're asking us if your company violated the license agreement with some third party software?

only you or the people that put any unauthorized objects on the database will know that. there is no miracle method to finding things that shouldn't be there unless you want to install a fresh DB from the company and compare it with the "customized" one

[sub]____________ signature below ______________
Backups are for sissies!!!!
coming to your keyboards soon[/sub]

Yep, I guess that was their way of asking that question. It kind of caught me off guard but I called back and gave them a firm no and now they are actually troubleshooting my original problem.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back