Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to check CPU temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandapanda

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
Hello,
ive been browsing the forums and i keep seeing CPU temp values.... how do you access the CPU temp?
does this only work on some OS?
Thanks

Your BIOS must support it and your motherboard must be equipped with the sensors. Fast way to check is to boot into the BIOS and check your POWER options. The sensor read-outs for Fan speed, MB heat and CPU heat are usually in there, but if not, look around. Be carefull not to change anything your not familiar with.

If you can't find them, then your board most likely is not equipped with the sensors.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Thanks for the Info.... if anyone else has anything to add, please do...

You can try some software that looks at your CPU temperature. I've found one before but I don't recall what it is called. Trying searching for it.

-Laughter works miracles.

Assuming your BIOS supports the sensors on your mo-bo, you shold be able to find a small application whihc will display the temp in the systray or on screen.

Check the driver CD which was supplied with your mo-bo or visit your mo-bo manufacturer's website.

To get some basic details of your mo-bo, click: Start -> Run, enter msinfo32.exe and click OK.

Iechyd da! John
23:44 14/07/2003 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back