Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to change username and email address

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty1404

MIS
Feb 12, 2007
US
We had recently some people get married in our business. I want to change there login name, display name and email address to match their new names. I did what I thought and it worked for the most part except some emails werent getting through and part of the calender wasnt working. The display name changed on the emails, except it is still the old name in the Global address list. What exactly are the steps to changing a last name to fit all that criteria??

I did that. Why doesnt it change in the global address list?

If you're using Cached mode then it sounds like you just need to wait until the GAL updates or you could force it to.

Create a test outlook profile that is not in cached mode and then see if the user is there correctly.

As suggested above pop onto AD U&C and have a look at all the tabs make sure you've not missed anywhere and make sure your set the default reply address to the new name.

Iain

We currently have exchange set up so we can access it through the web. Is there a way to set that up in outlook through http or is it more complicated than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back