Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change time on CM ver 10.1?

km9v

MIS
Jan 11, 2011
US
I can't seem to find how/where to change the time on my system. If I use element cut through, set time displays the time and date but only allows me to change daylight savings rule. It was not enabled, but is now, changed rule from 0 to 1. However the time didn't increment. I can't find anything on the web interface that allows me to change it either.

Hi,

In case there isn!t NTP server you can set, you can go this way.

Procedure

In the vSphere Client inventory, select the host where the virtual machine is located.
Click the Configuration tab.
In the Software section, click Time Configuration.
Click Properties in the upper-right corner of the screen.
In the Time Configuration window, do one of the following:

To change the time manually, in the Date and Time field, set the appropriate date and time.

To synchronize the time kept by a host system to a reference NTP server, click Options and configure NTP server settings.
Click OK.
To set the Communication Manager virtual machine time, right-click the Communication Manager virtual machine and select Edit Settings.
In the Options tab, click VMware Tools.
Select the Synchronize guest time with host check box and click OK.

It's like 10secs googling mate ;)

Regards.

The host is on NTP and accurate. On the VM, "synchronize guest time with host" is checked for "synchronize at startup and resume". The option "synchronize time periodically" was not. When I run display time, I get the time 1 hour behind actual current time. I'll wait for a bit to see if the time changes.

Hi,
If you have an NTP server, use it in the CM web interface. Check the time zone as well.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back