Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change the Grand Total figure in Micros 3700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random92

Programmer
Feb 17, 2017
US
Hi,

I've managed to clear sales data for a certain range, however, the Grand total in reports is still from the beginning of time. This figure is wrong for me, as it dates back to sales from another team.

Anyway to change this figure to represent the new range of sales data? I don't want to clear it to zero. How can I modify this figure to reflect what's in the system as far as financial data?

Modify it by database? I think there's a grand total value and a change in grand total value, and I think these values aren't being used to calculate/balance other figures. How hard is it to adjust this in the database?

Thank you!!

Per an old 3700 Reporting Manual I dug up:

The total value of all sales activity. Discounts, returns,
voids, and credits are included as positive numbers.
This number is never reset; it always accumulates.
This field is used in conjunction with Change In Grand
Ttl and Credit Total to verify system accounting
security. Grand Total is not used to balance revenue.

Hope this helps. Back when I was working at Oracle, this was always referred to as a legacy number and should for the most part be ignored.

Thank you so much for the info. Do you, however, have any idea as to how to modify or clear this field/reset it, without resetting everything else? I'm trying to manage confusion surrounding this named 'grand total' figure among those I work with/for.

In my experience, the Micros 3700 doesn't allow you to erase, reset or change the grand total

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back