Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change Teleworker Public IP? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlambros

IS-IT--Management
Sep 2, 2005
US
Hi all,

I've read the forums and cannot find a definitive answer on how to change the public IP for Teleworker. It seems I should do it in the Mitel Communications Director but I'm not 100% sure. I've recently inherited this phone system and am learning as I go. Here is our current system info:

Release level: 4.1 SP2
Active software load: 10.1.2.16
Inactive software load: 10.1.1.11_2
System relink: No relink has been applied.
Call Control relink: 40.1.2.10_SP1
Platform MXe, 512MB of RAM

So far i'm guessing the change is made in the "LAN/WAN Configuration" menu but am not positive.

Please help. :)

Nope, you change it on the Mitel Border gateway (MBG). Its changed in the underlying Linux settings, so you need to log on to the machine you are running the MBG on with root priveledges and run config from the menu and basically just change public IP and accept everything else.

Thank you! I was able to find and login to the MBG via the webGUI and a terminal session but I don't see where to make the "config" change. Does this have to be done from the Terminal Session or the webGUI? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I've searched and searched but can't seem to find a set of steps or a good description. I can SEE the WAN IP but do not see a place to edit it. Do I need to "Stop" the MBG before it becomes editable?

Thanks again.

No you need to get to the underlying Linux install, this is where the WAN address is set. Get that through a terminal session and you will get to the menu system and config is there.

Thanks wireman. I'm at the Linux command prompt. Is there a command I type in to bring up the menus? Better yet a list of available commands? I'm a windows guy and have only used linux a few times.

Sounds like you have logged in as root, try logging in as admin and you will get a text based gui.

You will need to do as sarond says...login to the admin IIRC there are 8 options on the menu and config is near the bottom. You don't need commands to do this, just run through the menu options and if it needs to reboot it will tel you so.

Awesome awesome awesome. Thank you! I was able to login successfully as admin and get the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back