Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change logo in OpenStage 60 ? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbot

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2019
FR
Hello, first I'd like to say that I took a quick read at this : How to change logo in OpenStage 40 thread965-1763917

This gave me a link to this particular answer :
Sadly, I don't think that I'm doing the right think to make it worked, because I never succeded to change the logo. I installed a FileZilla Server, with login : user and password : 1234 and open my download directory, in which I put my logo.jpg in it with an image size of 240 x 71.

Capture1_lfzadl.png

Then, I logged into my phone, access the file transfer -> logo menu and put the same configuration, user / 1234 and my PC adress (192.168.1.136, we are in DHCP so I also put my ipconfig in case of me doing the dumb)

Capture2_pnmxjw.png

Of course I check with the fillzilla client if I could access this local server using the IP and it does work. I also checked the read / write permission but didn't change anything as it already as a read by default (which for me seems enough to download the file).

Sadly, and as you can see, the transfer is failed. Why tho ? What have I done wrong ? I am sure that I've done something wrong be can't see where, could someone help me ?

Thanks in advance

Hi.

Put the logo.jpg file in root of C:In logo menu on device WBM, add in FTP path field : \

Hello, thank you very much for your answer adibv !

Unfortunately, it still does not work, I'm providing you pictures of how it looked and from my filezilla configuration in case I might have screwed things.

Capture_t6mttr.png

Capture2_clj2nl.png

I tried both in the WBM "/" and "\".
I also moved the directory shared from "C:\Download" from "C:\".

The real change from the WBM is the fact that I know have "sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string".

Thanks again,
Gingerbot

Try a different FTP server e.g. freeFTPd
However, I think Filezilla server is running on our DLS as the FTP server.

Ensure that the 'After submit' is set to download.
If 'Transfer Failed' shows up then reboot the phone.

A huge huge thank you to thepfy and adibv, it was indeed my path AND my client server which didn't work.
Thank you sbcsu for the complementary information.

Now that I use 3cdeamon that was linked by adibv, the transfer executed without any flaw.

Again a huge thank you to all of you because I couldn't get the Unify by mail or phone, you were my last hope !

I don't know the rule here, so if I need to put this thread to [solved] or else, I will happily do it.

Again, thank you !

I was also under the impression you also had to have the word "phone" in the FTP account, but apparently not.

You should also be aware that many of the features of the DLS/Deployment server are free to use, and it makes life a whole lot easier as far as transferring logos and screensaver images, pushing out firmware upgrades to phones, and if you do many moves and changes it also makes it a lot easier to push out the settings to the phones so you don't have to do it by hand.

I'm pretty sure the DLS software is on Tonido, and also that I was given an older DLS training course document that I have permission to distribute and that is on there too. Might be something to look into if you have a lot of phones.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

The 3C FTP Daemon is also on Tonido, also latest firmware for the phones

Shortcut:
faq965-7883

@donb01 : we don't have a lot of phone but whatever might be automatize should be, so I'll definitly look into it.
@sbcsu : I've just finished downloading the DLS/Deployement server from Tonido.

Thank you very much for both the tips and the link !

With further check, I can't install the DLS server as we still have the HiPath 3000 in our installation.
The policy of our company is not really to upgrade it, still thank you very much everyone for helping me with this problem.

I still have to see how to convert my jpg file to a bmp and put in on an openstage 40 but it's a question for another day (and topic).
I'm sorry for repeating myself so much, but thank you! :D

Use Microsoft Paint! That will help you to keep the dimensions correct and save as a BMP.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Hi LoPath,

Thank you for this, I was using a online converter to get my PNG file to BMP Monochrome, it's way easier :D

The only issue with this is that I can't paint in white when in monochrome, but not so much of an issue since Microsoft call it a "feature".

I consider my problem solved here but created another topic for my next (and final) problem here thread965-1793370

You guys rocks ! Thanks (again)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back