Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Change Forwarded Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnbookman

Technical User
Apr 15, 2008
US
Hello,
I have a phone that I forward to my cell often when I am out of the office, or roaming the building. After a recent system upgrade, it stopped forwarding as my main number, and started phoning as my extension's DID number for outbound calls, and if someone calls me from within the office, it shows their direct number.

I need this to show as the main office number, mainly because I don't want to have to upgrade my cell plan. :) That's right, I'm intensely cheap - I have the main number on my A-list.

Any idea where the configuration for this is located in Element Manager?
Thanks!

open element manager, telephony,active sets
check the line access tab for your extn
look for the OLI on this page
if it matches your DDI number then double click and remove it.
This will stop sending out your direct number and allow the main number to be presented to you.

snowman50 - thanks. Yeah, I understand that I can change my number doing that.

Before, even when I had a private number listed in the Pub. OLI, it would forward as the main office number. And like I said, right now, if someone in the office calls, it shows THEIR extension if they dial my extension with that forwarded.

I was hoping you had an area related to call forwarding? Because when I call out, I want my number to show. :D I just want it to forward as something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back