Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change firmware in a DT700 phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlstiles

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2012
CA
I have been trying to use the NEC IP Phone Manager software to change the firmware from Std SIP to NEC SIP (phones were on a 3C) but have not been having success. I can click the Search button and find the phones and then pick one and click Connect but when I do, I receive an error of "Regist Error". From what I can tell, this means that the IP Phone Manager software can't connect to the IP Set but I have no idea why. I have confirmed they can ping each other and obviously the software can see them on the network so not sure what else to do as there is no web page on the phones themselves to allow programming. If I go through the terminal itself under Admin, there is no options to force a firmware upgrade.

Any help or insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm not even getting far enough to have the phone try and load the software. As soon as I pick a phone from the list, click Connect and try to set the phone to Online, I receive the error message.

Anuy ideas?

Do not use IP phone manager. Upgrade using the 'pumpkin' tftp program to load the files.

How do you get the IP Phone to change firmware if you don't use IP Phone Manager? On the 3C phones themselves, there is no place to specify a specific FTP/TFTP server or to force a firmware download.

Hi rlstiles,

Refer to my thread here. I think you can just read my last post of 18/03/2017. I used IPPhoneManager with Cisco TFTP Server.

Hi belevedere,

I think you'd remember how we struggled in the above mentioned thread. I have been doing many phones since then using a PoE unmanaged switch and IPPhoneManager with Cisco TFTP Server. This method has been working with ILE and ILV alike.

However I recently received an ILV phone. It doesn't look any different to any other phone I have. I've tried different options to migrate its firmware to work with SV8100 to no avail. Eventually I brought a power adaptor and connected the phone directly to my PC. The phone powered on and I could ping it, but the IPPhoneManager failed again.

So I decided to use PumpKIN instead. Here are the steps I took in PumpKIN. Are they correct?

0_dko4bx.png

1_whpune.png

2_kvzpdo.png

3_qxg1xw.png

I followed these steps not only trying to migrate the firmware, but also I took a backup (using IPPhoneManager) from another phone with the right firmware and tried to put it on this phone. It didn't work.

I don't know if this phone is bad or something. Because since I learnt how to do this back in 2017, I've never have a problem migrating firmware except with this phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back