Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change AutoPack time&date in Arcserve 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

domburi

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2002
US
After installing Arcserve 7 it runs its Auto Pack routine directly after the backup job. Unfortunately this slows the server WAY down during working hours.

Where is the time&date for Auto Pack configured? I can't seem to find it....

Thanks!

Hi,
You can configure the auto pruning & auto purging options under "Server Admin"

Thanks
ArcserveFreek "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

That's the first place I looked but what I saw didn't seem to make sense. First, Prune and Purge are enabled to start at 11:59pm every day. My backup job runs every day at 10pm - 7am. AutoPack seems only to start after the backup job and it doesn't seem to run every day. Should I set Pruning and Purging for earlier?? CA's documentation is pretty sparse so I'm having a hard time figuring out what happens exactly.
Second, what is AutoPack's relationship to Pruning and Purging? Or does Arcserve just use different terms for the same thing??

Hi,
Prune and purge is something which don't really need to run a on a daily basis.
You can set the period of prune and purge to run for every 90 days or 180 days, depending on the sze of arcserve's database. The recommended size is about 1.5 gb to 2 gb. Accordingly you can decide on the frequency of prune & purge.
The basic difference between auto-pruning and auto-purging is, auto-pruning maintains the file astpsdat.db, where the auto-purging takes care of the rest of files in the database folder.

Hope this helps...

ArcserveFreek "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back