Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change Application DN of Voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueBall780

Technical User
Jul 3, 2009
CA
So our old BCM400 died but we had planned ahead and I had obtained a refurbished spare unit to use for just such an emergency.

So, we swapped in all the media bay modules, plugged everything in and restored the most recent backup file.

Everything seems to have come back the way it was before except for voicemail. The voicemail is working but it has a new DN from what it used to be and now all the Forward no answer settings are setup for the wrong extension.

Is there anything special I have to do in order to change it back to the old DN? Can I just go into Dialing plan->General click on Change DN and swap the DN of what the Voicemail is using now for the old number I want it to use?

I did some searching and did not come up with any tips, pointers or even mentions of people changing the Voicemail Application DN except for references to what happens when you change from 3 digit to 4 digit dialling plans.

New: 8051
Old: 8500

Before I do anything stupid, is this just a simple case of go ahead and change the DN and it will all work out fine or should I instead just accept the new DN and go through and change the programming on all the sets to use the new number?

You can just change the DN to get the Voicemail application DN back to what it was. The only problem is when you change the DN it will also change the extensions forward target so you might end up manually changing the forward targets anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have to go through the extensions in either case to confirm things are correct. I already reprogrammed a handful to go to the new extension so I have to switch them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back