Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Change Accounting Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

satispv

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
AE
Hi
I am a new user to Peachtree and Im using Ver 8. Every thing is going smooth. But I noticed that my current period is showing as "24-Dec 1 2002 to Dec 31st 2002" and no more periods available.

How I will get more periods in the system?

Thank You
Satis.

You are only allowed to have 24 months in pt as you have seen .Go to Windows Explorer and make a copy of the company data in a different directory. Open up PT in the new directory and go to Maintain , Company info and change the name of the new copy to the year that you're closing.Close this Copy and go back to your original directory.
Go to Tasks System Close Year . Close payroll year first then Fiscal year.You do not have to purge if you want to be able to veiw history of customers and vendors. The original company
will now show 12 periods and you can go to the 13 th. You can always go back to the company in the new directory and print a T/B from the year that you closed. There is no conection between the two companies so if you change anything in the new directory it won't flow to the next yearin the old directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back