Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to change a transfer only extension to a regular extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

salonge

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2008
US
I am working on a AT&T Partner Plus system and initially when the sy system was installed, all the extensions except two were set up as transfer-only extensions. Since that time, they now want voicemail on those extensions. How do I switch those extensions to be able to initialize a voice mailbox?

Thank you so much. How do I delete the Extension? I did not hear that option.

Hmmm, I see you are working with a Partner Plus(pretty old). Do you have Partner Mail, the external box voice mail? To delete a mailbox, once you press 4 for mailboxes, you get 2 to play a mailbox configuration, 4 to add a mailbox, 6 to modify a mailbox, *3 to delete a mailbox.

Yes, it is pretty old. They are using Avaya voice mail. But I need to know how to delete the extension so it can be recreated.

I don't need to delete a mailbox. This particular line, a transfer-only extension won't allow a mailbox. I need to delete the transfer-only extension and recreate it under a regular extension. I don't know how to delete the extension and add it back to the proper telephone set.

You can't delete stations on the Partner system. You can only change options and parameters on each station port. So, you might want to verify the programming by reviewing each parameter, and see what you find. Unless you want to default the whole system and start over. That is about all you can do on the Partner Plus. It has NO modem like the ACS does.

....JIM....

Intercom 777
9997#
(Password)-#
(Password)-#
4-Mailboxes
*3-Delete a mailbox (delete the transfer only permission)
(Extension Number)-#
9-Confirm Deletion

4-Create a new mailbox
(Extension Number)-#
2#-Class of Service
0-No Name
9-Confirm No Name
*#-Don't want to record the name for the user

Touchtommy

Thank you that worked!! I do have one more question. The person who set up the submenus or as I referred to it, the custom call routing did not leave the submenu number. We need to change the extensions that the menu prompts are set to. If we were to start over with new submenus, will that automatically wipe out the old one or will we have two menus playing?

What you really want to do is go to the Auto Attendant and PLAY the CONFIGURATION. That will tell you what each selector code points to. That way you will know which submenu is being used for the directory, and you will know which one to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back