Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to chane the TON or NUMPLAN on incoming QSIG call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turok1020

Programmer
Apr 30, 2008
LU
Hi Folks,

We have the following problem. We have a switch A connected via QSIG to a switch B. And B is connected via MCDN to node C. To call from A to the network with switch B and C you need to dial 80. If you would like to call from the MCDN network (switch B+C) you need to dial 81 + extension. Now my issues are:

Call from A to B
If a call is sent from A to B the CLID is properly set. Meaning I see 81 + Extension in the display of a set connected to switch B. This is done via the DAPC in LD 16 (RDB). This is ok.

Call from A to C via tandem switch B
If a call from A to C is sent the CLID at Node C is wrong, I only get the Extension Number of the originating node A. What I need to have is to see in the display of a set connected to C 81 + Extension.

I have figured out when playing with DAPC and the different tables I can change the presentation of the CLID at Node C. But this is causing that my PSTN calls are wrong as well. This is to the fact that my PSTN liens are entering via Node B.

I eventually now what the problem is. The problem is related to the type of number (TON) respective the numbering plan. Does someone know how to modify an incoming QSIG call? We need to change the TON or the num plan that we have something different as the PSTN calls. Actually it is marked unknown and we would like to have it local?

Let’s see if you have an idea.

If your switches are using 80 and 81 as DSC distant steering codes. You need to print the CDB and check that the LSC for each PBX is correct. You also need to check the CLID tables to verify that the LSC is correct in the tables. If they are correct the PBX will send the correct local steering code on an outboud call using DSC steering codes in LD 87.
You can also modify a call type for outbound calls by using a DMI table. In load 86 build an new DMI table at CYTP prompt you can set the call type to CDP. Then add that DMI table to the entry in the RLI.

Hello cmoegie,

thanks for your reply but in fact this will not solve my problem.

I have to modify an incoming QSIG call from a phillips PABX.

As an incoming call from CO and from the QSIG use the same routs and trunks with the same TON and NUM PLAN in our MCDN Network the entry in DAPC is the same. For an incoming CO call I need to have the AC1 in front of the CLI and for the QSIG call I need to have the prefix 81.

On the PABX where the QSIG is diretly connected to I do not have a problem as my different routs use different DAPC tables.

Turok1020

I have a similar situation in a large networked environment and the way we got around it was turning off TRO on the tandem routes - it now uses 2 resources but the calls travel through the network with the proper CLID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back