Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Center a wrapper if resolution is less than 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlpatters

Programmer
Apr 1, 2008
US
Hello fellow web designers,

I'm trying to get my wrapper to automatically center within the browser window if the resolution is under 1024x768. I originally posted this in the css forums but found out this is a question for the javascript pros. Anyone know how to do this?

Here is the website:
Thanks,
Daniel

You've only got one post to your name, where and when did you post it in the CSS forums?

This is a CSS issue and easily resolved without resorting to javascript tricks.

[sub]Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world.
There's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.
[/sub]

Webflo

Hey dwarfthrower,

I actually posted the same post in and thats what the double post was about. Where should I go for the answer to this. I'm sorry for bugging you I've been working on this project everynight until 3am and this simple thing is driving me nuts. Is there anyway you can help me with this?

-Daniel

Daniel,

Personally, I'd leave it just as it is right now. It looks fine to me at many resolutions, and anyway, if people are surfing with monitors less than 1024x768, they're in the minority and can easily use scrollbars.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Leave it.
It looks very nice.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Thanks guys,

I appreciate your comments. Being a designer and just learning css and xhtml, I've found out that I must learn javascript if I want to fully put my imagination to use.

I have been inspired to dig out some tutorials and am going to spend 1 hour each night trying to get a grasp on this thing.

I hope I can get an understanding within two years as I'm not getting any younger and the career demands are high.

Back to the Future
=Daniel

Don't confuse design with development, though. I can't design all that well, but I can develop like you wouldn't believe.

Most designers can't develop all that well, knowing all nuances about cross-browser tweaks, etc, but they can design really well.

You have to choose where you want to be - I honestly don't believe I've ever heard of a really talented web developer who was also a really talented designer. And if such a person existed, I could pretty much guarantee that they wouldn't be on a rate high enough to cover their expertise.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back