Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to call another asp page in a popup window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lbob

Programmer
May 23, 2003
GB
Hi

How can I call another asp page in a popup window?
This is what I've got so far..

reponse.write &quot;<a href='my_leave.asp?LeaveID=&quot; & arrEvents(0,i) & &quot;'>&quot; & arrEvents(3,i) & &quot;</a>&quot;

Thanks
Lbob

you could put something like target=&quot;_blank&quot; within the <a> bit, or you could use javascript to set the attributes of the new window. For example:

<a href=&quot;javascript: window.open('URL','windowName','height=500',width=400');&quot;>link</a>

You can build up the 'URL' bit the same way as you were before, and assign several different attributes regarding toolbars, window positioning etc.

<%
' some stuff
%>
<script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;>
function poper{
var newWin = window.open('page.asp', 'name of page', 'scroll=0,status=0, ect.')
}
poper()
</script>
<%
' some more stuff
%>

try this.

this is what I use...

response.write &quot;<a href=&quot;&quot;javascript://&quot;&quot; ONCLICK=&quot;&quot;window.open('my_leave.asp?LeaveID=&quot; & arrEvents(0,i) & &quot;', 'newwindow', config='height=450,width=500, toolbar=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no,location=no, directories=no, status=no')&quot;&quot;
>&quot;

hmmm I thought about the _blank but want it as a small window. Also thought about the javascript bit, but how do I pass through my asp variables?

Lbob

cheers cbokowski I'll give it a try
lbob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back