Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to call a HTTP page when clicking a button? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

datras

Programmer
Jun 6, 2001
DK
Hi
I hope some one can help me with this small piece of code.

I have a button on a ASP page and when the user click the button the code have to open another page. However, nothing happens when I click on the button.

I have tested the hyperlink by creating a ordinary hyperlink to the page at the same place as the button and it works. So I must not have understood how to create a button in ASP....

<INPUT type="button" value="Load data to database" id=button1 name=button1 onclick="../../intercatch/InterCatchCS/Data/UploadValidation/frmTest.aspx?SessionId=<%=intSessID%>&strFileName=<%=strFileName%>&IntDatasetID=<%=IntDatasetID%>"></INPUT>

The problem is that the onclick attribute must contain some script not just a URL.

Try something like:
onclick="window.navigate('../../intercatch/InterCatchCS/Data/UploadValidation/frmTest.aspx?SessionId=<%=intSessID%>&strFileName=<%=strFileName%>&IntDatasetID=<%=IntDatasetID%>')"

This assumes that javascript or jscript is the default client side language.

Bob Boffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back