Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW TO BYPASS USER AUTHENTICATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBinatti

Programmer
Sep 26, 2000
BR
Hi, all!
I'm now developing an application which sends some messages to a cisco router. This app is running inside one POS (credit card transaction machine) and once the message is sent, the router is supposed to get the connection even if the username and password are not supplied.
Let me explain: The application is telnet-like. Once the app requests a connection, how can the router establish the connection bypassing the user authentication????

Any help would be apreciated. [sig][/sig]

Have you tried using PPP protocol? It's great for connecting up devices requiring username/pwords. I'm not sure how you app works but if you run PPP on it and the interface of the router as well; you may be able to establish a connection this way. This is just a thought and may definitely not work. [sig][/sig]

Any other idea using TCP/IP protocol? [sig][/sig]

Hi

Cisco routers support RShell

Try it!

Arie [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back