Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to brake or reset BIOS Administrator Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

coronel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2005
US
Hi folks.
How are you doing today.
Two Issues.
1-) I have a DELL Optiplex GX280 and i wanna upgrade the BIOS software on it but the problem is when i tried to update, i have to have to type current administrator password in BIOS configuration; so my question is there is a jumper in the motherboard?. By the wy, i changed the BIOS battery in the motherboard.

2-) at the same system, i have a SATA 40GB HDD and i need to reinstall the OS but in the support page on DELL thwere is no serial driver for SATA 40GB what do ihave to do?

Thanks in advance.

As for question 1, there is indeed a jumper labeled PSWD. Specific location depends upon the version of the GX280 you have.

Power down, remove the jumper. Boot to Windows and power down again. Replace the jumper. On the next boot, you should be good.

mhkwood is right - if you require a little further clarification as to the exact location of the jumper check here for diagrams and pinpoint location of jumper labelled PSWD - it defo works coz i did it on a small form factor desktop gx280 about 3 weeks ago -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back