Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to boot from scsi-card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neovecchi

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2002
NL
Hi there,

I am trying to boot from a adaptec scsi-card. The scsi-card is built in a pentium 1 workstation, and it won't start. In a newer workstation the card is visible after memory test. Does anybody know how I have to configure the bios and scsi-card so that I can boot from a scsi-harddisk? (I thought just update bios, but I can't find a number and manufacturer of the motherboard.)

I hope you can help me,

Greetz,

Neovecchi

Hi
I've not noticed recently but, in some machines I was messing about with a few years ago there was a SCSI option in the boot sequence in the BIOS. Maybe this is the case on your machine too.
Hope this helps

Hi TSSTechie,

Well in the newer workstation you can press the keys ctrl-a for the scsi configuration, but then the workstation already detected de scsi-card, we have to get that right first I think. Isn't there a best-practise telling me how to install a scsi-card?

I really need the workstation.....

Thanks,

Neovecchi

Which scsi card model is it, and what motherboard model is it? PCI slots have changed slightly over the years, and SCSI cards generally are built for the best technology and not necessarily wide compatibility. Maybe the older motherboard just cannot accept this scsi pci interface?

In the motherboard bios setup, there should be a setting to boot from IDE or SCSI, or to disable the onboard IDE ports, or else the mobo only supports booting from the onboard ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back