Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to boot 2610 without issuing the boot flash command

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhchooi

MIS
Nov 1, 2001
MY
Today I issued a write erase command to a Cisco 2610 router.

After that, when I reboot, it goto rommon. I managed to find the flash file. I issued the command

boot flash: <flash filename>

and managed to boot the router to the IOS

However, when I reload the router, it goes back to rommon. The changes I make in the IOS configuration still remain.

So, how do make this router boot to IOS, instead of Rommon whereby I have to manually issue the boot flash command.

Thanks, your assistance will be a great help.

Best Regards
YH Chooi

Hi

The config on your router must have had a boot command in it.

You can put a line in the config (from the config# prompt) that goes something like

boot flash

The format of the command and what arguments you give it depend on the hardware platform, but have a look at the help on the boot command on your router.

EB

If that dosnt work you have to edit the Configuration Register to tell it to boot into flash.

that # can be found on cisco's website, but it depends on what IOS you have (if im correct).

Justin

Thanks for the great help. I managed to ractified the issue by playing with the config register.

Best Regards
YH Chooi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back