Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to block specific sets from dialing out on a an MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnuf

Vendor
Aug 26, 2006
US
Tell me the short version as to how to block some sets on an MICS from dialing out. These sets must be able to answer calls but management wants them blocked from dialing out. thanka

Well humor is always good, if thats the intent, but we must read the entire post, the users have to be able to answer calls.

set up restriction table for these sets only to not dial certain area codes,exchanges or wherever.....they still have to dial internally...

you can also set up answer dns' on these sets...

Nah, humor wasn't the intent...I just didn't read the entire post, as happens more than it should.

I agree with leprechaun3. Restrict the sets to call only the DN range.

Give them Restriction filter 0 and they can dial internaly and 911.

Check your system to see which filter is the most restrictive, in mine 0 is set to only alow 911 and 800 type number's. Your's might be Filter 1.

thanks ace, ya that makes sense. I read the defaults in my manual and it looks like I may need to tweak it. I will take filter 02 and put * in to restrict any / all dialing. If the default is true, it will have 911 as an override otherwise I'll add it. thanks, all I wanted to be sure I was going down the right path here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back