Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to block incoming calls to IVS 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkop08534

MIS
May 21, 2004
interesting scenario ... with a call center you get all types of calls especially if you several Toll Free numbers coming into the facility. Here is the question...has anyone been able to either redirect or block a specific number from traversing the PBX system.

i.e. number 123 456 7890 comes to PBX ... PBX recognizes number and either blocks and gives caller a busy tone or redirect the call to a black hole number

any suggestions -- carriers are of no help in this scenario been down that path

If these are toll free numbers that you are using a DNIS with your probably out of luck since everytime a call comes in telco is really only sending the DNIS number and the ANI of the calling party for ID purposes ( assuming this is PRI ).

yea that is what i was thinking but thought maybe found a work around even using the ANI....

What type of trunk is the number coming in on?, does it alert by digits or voltage and what software rev is in the IVS?

the type of trunk it is coming in on is a PRI/T1 trunk

You can easily do this with caller ID routing. This feature is labelled "CID Routing" and is available with IVS2 2300 series and all NEAX 2000 IPS.
Calls can be routed based on the caller ID received. Routed to a mailbox or trunk announcement.
If you do not have ISDN/T1 ANI it is impossible for the PBX to pre-determine the intensions or identity of the calling party. And I still have people ask me why not? I guess because the x-ray feature is yet to be released.

your saying then that i can program my PBX to route number 123 456 7890 to a mailbox...i am not 100% sure how to do this, maybe you can guide me in the right direction...any examples of this scenario you have done in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back