Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to block attachments with certain extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijmat

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2001
US
I am trying to block attachments with a certain extension (for eg .mpeg, .jpg..) on the exchange 2000 server. I know there is some sort of registry hack on the server, although I cannot remember how.

Would really appreciate if someone could let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks

Viju Mathai

I am not aware of a hack but I use a product called ScanMail by Trend. I recommend it to anyone who admistrates an Exchange Server.

Also Outlook 2002 have Level 1 attachments blocked by default, you can also customize this.

Nathan

I am not aware of the hack either, We use Group Shield Exchange for AV and Attachment blocking.

Actually there is no hack for exchange directly, however depending on the anti-virus software being used, there are registry ahcks for that.

I use norton for exchange and have done this through the registry on my exchange server

I'm using NAV for Exchange 2.5 (Build 11) on our Exchange Server. What are the hacks that you can use with that to block certain attachments?

The registry changes are described in the README.TXT file that is in the same directory you installed NAVMSE 2.5 into.

Gary McDonnell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back