Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to block an incoming number off a PRI on S8700

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2007
US
We've got a nuisance caller and we want to stop them from calling three end-users. What are the commands using a S8700 to allow me to make this change? We have a PRI.
Thanks
Carol

As far as I know you have three options.

1) Have the phone company block the number (cheapest option)

2) Turn these phone numbers into VDN’s that point to a vector that routes to the stations which you have to change to new numbers. In the vector do a goto step x if ANI = (phone number you wish to block) next step should be route to (number of new extension for users) Everyone that calls the number will go to the new number except for the one person you don’t want to. (Not a very good option in my opinion)

3) Use EC500, build a dummy extension put it in a COR that is fully restricted (can't even call internally) then setup that extension with EC500 and put the number you want to block as the "phone number". Every time this person calls in their ANI will be mapped to the dummy extension and they will not be able to reach anything. The down side is that it uses an EC500 license which is like $50 - $75

Sorry for option 1 I meant to say easiest solution

you could do a few things
1. change the ext of the users
2. route the call through a vector that checks for ani, before sending to the user
3. use ec500 to block the call

If the nuisence caller is dialing a DID to reach the users, you can use incoming-call-handling-treatment for the trunk to sed the call to a vector before sending to the did, and you would not have to change users extensions,,

if nuisence caller is dialing main number, then the users extensions, then you would have to change the extensions to qa vdn and route call through a vector..

How would you do that in an incoming-call-handling-treatment table? I have never seen a way to do that.

here is a small example of one table...

display inc-call-handling-trmt trunk-group 2 Page 1 of 30
INCOMING CALL HANDLING TREATMENT
Service/ Called Called Del Insert Per Call Night
Feature Len Number CPN/BN Serv
public-ntwrk 4 2350 4 6723 bn-only
public-ntwrk 4 2351 4 5123 bn-only
public-ntwrk 4 2352 4 5176 bn-only

so if the digits sent to the pbx for a DID was 2350, and the vdn you wanted to route it to was 6723, the first entry would do that..

jut delete the digits you want, and insert the new ones..

in this case 2350 is my DID, I route it to a VDN 6723 first to play a , "call may be recorded" message, before sending it to my extension...

Zen I missread your post I thought you meant there was a way to use the inc-call-handling-trmt table to block the call by putting the ANI in the table somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back