Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to BIND raster images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredLHA

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
US
I need to find a way to BIND jpg's, I'm using AutoCAD 2005 and I have to email a DWG full of pictures. Please advice.
Thanks

No can do that unfortunately. Zip up your jpg's and let 'er rip.

Thanks Carl, I'll do that. One more question, any idea why AutoCAD 2005 is so slow? anything I can do to speed up the process, I added the /nologo to the Target location of the shortcut to open the software faster, also opening the layer properties manager takes awhile, I use a lisp call Delfil to delete all the layer filters before cliking on the L P M, that helps but still slow, can you advice on this.
Thanks

Hi Carl,
I installed SP1 a week ago and also updated acdb16.dll (this update corrects slows startup and based products systems with a large number of font's installed (by Autodesk), didn't help.
Any other suggestions?

One trick to output a raster with the rest is to plot to a pdf file direct. We use some freeware called PDF995 that works quite well in AutoCAD. Just set up the PDF995 driver as a printer and then plot to it.

Thanks borgunit, that's what I use for PDF's, I got the tip from one of your threads [I read this site everyday, this is my bible now ; )], thanks for that, very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back