Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to be found by search engines.. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have had my site published for about four months and no searh engine will find it. I submitted to google, yahoo and many others with no results. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreicated.
-Ross
our site

The single best way to "get noticed" would be to get into the Open Directory Project at
However, I know that real estate sites in particular are notorious for spamming the ODP submissions, so the volunteer editors are sometimes less than eager to review your site for a listing.

But once you are in ODP, you will show up in lots of places that use the ODP data.

Another approach is to pay the fee ($39, I think) to get indexed by Inktomi; this will feed you into MSN and a number of other search engines. -----------------
Robert Bradley
use coupon code "TEKTIPS" for 15% off at:

Hi Ross,

You should add more words in your keywords meta tag, and write a longer more complete description meta tag.

Also you should try to trade links with other sites from your link page. Preferably with sites that cater to your real estate area. This will increase your link popularity in search engines will increase your rankings.

You should also type up a bunch of informational pages about specific keyword topics and submit those to the SEs as well.

I can see the possibility of at least 10 informational pages just from your homepage copy:
"Representing Buyers and Sellers in Residential, Multi Family, Commercial, Business Opportunities, and Land Transactions.
We're experts in market research, advertising and promotion, contract negotiations, problem resolution and escrow details.
Working from the very first step, until the last detail is completed.
Count on our knowledge, dedication and experience for all your real estate needs.
"

Informational pages that are specific to a certain topic and have complete keyword meta tags and keyword placements have a good chance of getting ranked in search engines.

Hope this helps,

Denim

What you'll find is that effective search engine placement is a science that requires a lot of time, effort and patience. On top of this different search engines search based upon different criteria.

A good starting point, however, is
Regards,

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back